“Live your dreams!” That’s the advice we all hear at some point or another in our lives. We’re told to shoot for the stars and achieve everything that we can. But what does a “dream life” even look like?
The shortest answer is that a dream life can look like anything! You could be living your dream life right now and not even realize it. A life of happiness, purpose, and security is all we really need, and that can look different from person to person.
But what if you’re not living your dream life? What if you’re nowhere near it? The steps to change your life are simple, but first, you have to figure out where you are on your journey.
Try our quiz below to see how close you are to your dream life.
Are You Living Your Dream Life?
Does your life fill you with joy? Or dread?
Are You Living Your Dream Life?
Question 1 of 12.
Are you generally happy with your life as it is right now?
1. Not even close.
3. It has its ups and downs.
Question 2 of 12.
How do you feel when you hear your morning alarm go off?
1. MY ALARM WENT OFF???
2. I might hit the snooze button if it's Monday but I'll get up with time to get ready.
3. Well-rested and ready to go.
Question 3 of 12.
How about when you're going to bed? How do you feel?
1. Sometimes my worries keep me up for a while but I'll settle down and sleep eventually.
2. Tired, but a good tired. I had a productive day!
3. I either stay up all night panicking about stuff or am out before my head hits the pillow. There is no in between.
Question 4 of 12.
How do you handle setbacks?
1. More serious setbacks might upset me but I'll trudge through.
2. I'm flexible enough that bumps in the road don't usually bother me.
3. *INCOHERENT PANICKED SCREECHING*
Question 5 of 12.
If I asked you to check your bank account, how would that make you feel?
1. Can we... not talk about money, actually?
2. Mild apprehension.
3. Confused? Why should checking my bank account make me feel anything?
Question 6 of 12.
Do you like your job?
1. I LOVE my job!
2. My job is alright, OR I am currently choosing not to work.
3. I hate my job with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns, OR I'm unemployed, but not by choice.
Question 7 of 12.
Do you eat your vegetables? BE HONEST.
1. Only if french fries with extra ketchup counts.
2. I might not always get my daily 3-5 servings but I like the odd salad now and then.
3. Most of my meals have at least one serving of vegetables.
Question 8 of 12.
What kind of things do you do for fun?
1. Sleep. I sleep.
2. I have a wide variety of interests and I'm never bored.
3. I have at least one hobby that I do faithfully.
Question 9 of 12.
How productive do you feel during an average day?
1. I get what I have to do done but sometimes I surprise myself.
2. I tap out the second I've achieved the bare minimum.
3. I don't know what I love more, making a to-do list or checking things off it!
Question 10 of 12.
When was the last time you got sick?
1. I catch the occasional bug but I'm a pretty healthy person.
2. Just reading this question gave me a sinus infection.
3. It's been so long that I don't honestly remember.
Question 11 of 12.
If you're struggling, who do you turn to?
1. I have a plentiful support network of friends and family.
2. My local bartender and his trusty sidekick, Jim Beam.
3. Maybe a close friend or a trusted adult.
Question 12 of 12.
Do you feel like you're in control of your life?
1. Absolutely! I'm the boss around here.
2. I wish I could be more independent.
3. I have no idea who's in charge of my life, but it sure isn't me.
The easiest way to live your dreams is to discover what those dreams are. Only then can you start taking actionable steps toward achieving that dream life you crave. One Fabulous way to do this (see what we did there?) is by embarking upon The Purpose-Driven Life Journey, located in the Fabulous app. Give it a try and unlock your purpose!