Fabulous is on the lookout for an experienced and innovative remote Senior UI/UX Designer to join our Design & Product team and help define a unique web and app experience for Fabulous. Reporting to the Chief Design Officer, you’ll work closely with fellow UX designers, talented illustrators and animators, storytellers, marketers and others on creating breathtaking visuals and interfaces. Designing at Fabulous means helping millions of our users around the world change their lifestyles by adopting healthy habits.
A Look Inside the Fabulous Creative Process:
Whenever we craft something at Fabulous, the craftsman mindset is always driving us. We relentlessly hold ourselves to the highest quality standards. Whether a user sees something once or hundreds of times in Fabulous, we want the impression to last and impact millions. The end goal is not just to create screens or interfaces, it’s to build experiences that stay with you.
- Create high-quality work that will delight our users, meet company objectives, and reinforces our brand
- Collaborate with ease with Design, Product, and Development teams that are spread all across the world
- Mentor junior-level UX designers and work with leadership to evolve our process, tools, and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Write documentation and usage guidelines for components within the system
- Stay up-to-date on the latest and greatest design principles and trends — and can translate them into exceptional work
- Manage medium to large-scale projects independently
- Thrive on feedback and effectively communicate your reasoning behind any chosen design approach
About Your Skills:
- 4+ years in UX product design and experience working on native apps and web
- Experience leading cross-functional projects from concept to execution
- Excellent design craft with an eye for detail and consistency
- Expert level understanding of tools like Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator.
- Total understanding of the differences between building Android and iOS experiences
- Great communication and time management skills
- Bonus (but not necessary): Illustration, Brand Identity Design, Motion Design, UX Copy Strategy skills
What We Can Offer:
- A full-time position with market-rate compensation
- Unlimited vacation time
- A flexible and fully remote working environment
- The opportunity to work on a fast-growing product with a large user base that is frequently among the Top 10 most downloaded Health and Fitness apps
Fabulous in Short:
- Fabulous is a mobile app helping hundreds of thousands of people every day change their lifestyles by adopting healthy habits. It’s science-based and uses behavioural economics insights to show users how to achieve their fullest potential.
- We work closely with researchers based at Duke University and our advisor is Dan Ariely, author of New York Times bestseller “Predictability Irrational”.
- The Fabulous app was recognised as best-in-class by Google Design in 2016. It has also won multiple awards such as: Apple Best Apps of 2018, Editor’s app choice in more than 30 countries, Winner of Google’s Material Design Award of 2016, Best App Finalist in Google Play Awards.
Watch our CEO’s presentation below on how we’re using behavioral economics to create better products:
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and portfolio (links are fine too) by email to email@example.com, with the subject “Senior UX Designer Application”.
You can optionally attach anything you might find relevant to further demonstrate your knowledge of user experiences, interaction and design systems.